Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Saturday: Cookin' with the Pros

I was raised down the street from The Ohio State University. The may not mean much to some people, but if you come from Columbus, OH you know one thing and one thing real well--football. This is the one activity the city shuts down for every Saturday, cancels all their plans, begins tailgating in the wee hours of the morning, and cries after the last bowl game because we have to wait an unbearable number of days to see the Buckeyes rush the field again. Needless to say, I love the sport.

So today when I saw former OSU Buckeye and current NY Jets player, Nick Mangold, I felt my mouth drop and stomach flip.


Today, I ended up with a fantastic adventure assisting a chef with cooking for a VIP Super Bowl event. This is where I found myself mingling with sports fans and NFL football players, after searing filet mignon and assembling delicious steak sandwiches with dangling, melted cheese amongst a roudy and anxious crowd of football fans. Let me say, it is priceless to watch and talk to a crowd of intoxicated individuals demolish a loaded steak sandwich in one bite.





Former Patriot, Matt Light, assisted our chef with a butchery demo--I never thought I would see a professional football player use a trussing needle on a crown roast of pork, but today I was proved wrong.




The event was a touchdown in terms of food, music and fun. Hope your Super Bowl Sunday keeps you screaming loud and your stomach hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment